Your support keeps the trails open!
Thanks for your continued support!
Recently South Australian based company Trailscapes came in and carried out some trail upgrades to the top section of Rocksalt with the intentions of managing water erosion and rider traffic coming into winter. The trail was closed for a week while the works were completed and so far it seems to be holding up and riding very well.
The works were funded by Parks Victoria’s trail budget for the network, the proceeds of the Gravity Enduro race that was held last October and from the trail donation box located at Chain Brain Bicycle Workshop.
As always the trail crew are in talks with Parks Victoria to further expand our network and include some currently existing trails into the network, it is a long process but the guys are starting to make some progress so hopefully, the next 6 months will bring some good news.
Recently Pins and Needles/Track 8 had some work done by someone who took it upon themselves to alter certain sections of the trial that present a degree of difficulty for some riders, this simply isn’t acceptable, firstly these works are usually not done correctly potentially creating more of a hazard, to begin with, and secondly they are not fair for those riders who enjoy the challenge of riding Pins and Needles for what it is. If you are having issues with certain aspects of your riding get in touch with Red Hill MTB Shuttles or A-Line Coaching, both are local operators and members of the club
Parks Victoria Approved Trail Network
Mixture of trail skill grades
320M Elevation & Challenging Routes
Features & Challenges
Off Camber Black Skills Routes
Rocky and tight single track
Range of trail experiences
Technical hand built trails
Mountain Bike Riding
Arthurs Seat State Park
Arthurs Seat State Park offers over 20 kilometres of single-track mountain biking that connects in with the broader management vehicle track network to provide options for all abilities. The trails can be enjoyed individually, with friends or you can join a local riding club.
- Plan your ride with this information about the park facilities,
trail types, levels of difficulty and distance.
- As you explore the trails, look out for the signs and grading
symbols to guide your journey.
- Arthurs Seat State Park is located 60km south of Melbourne
CBD on the Mornington Peninsula. Access from Melbourne is
via the Mornington Peninsula Freeway and Arthurs Seat Road.
There are three options to start your mountain bike trail experience,
these are marked on the attached map.
1. Seawinds Mountain Bike Carpark, Purves Road, Arthurs Seat.
Trail information can be found at the trailhead inside the main
gate from the carpark. There are toilets, however, please bring
your own drinking water.
2. Arthurs Seat Road Carpark, 2.7km east of Arthurs Seat Lookout
– from here you can access the parks’ eastern trails easily. Trail
information can be found inside the gate. There are no toilets
available. Please bring your own drinking water.
3. Boundary Road Carpark, Hillview Community Reserve,
Boundary Road, Dromana. Here you will find toilets, drinking
water and a bike maintenance station. The start of the trails is
found 400m south (uphill) of the carpark. Trail information is
found inside the park boundary gate.
The Mornington Peninsula Shire links several of the mountain bike
trails with their roadside trail network. For further information
contact the Shire on 1300 850 600.
Mountain bike shuttle services and guided tours are available. Call
Parks Victoria on 13 1963 for registered service providers.
Rules of the trail
These guidelines are in place to help you and other park users stay
safe and keep the park in good condition for the future:
- Plan your ride and wear appropriate safety gear including a
- Obey trail signage and note one-way trails.
- Control your bike and ride tracks suited to your ability.
- Ride only on formed trails designated for cycling.
- Do not take shortcuts or make new trails.
- Respect the rights of other park users.
- Please follow the Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA) Mountain Bike
- Code of Conduct, found on www.mtba.org.au
- Trails can be closed due to extreme weather events. Observe
- closure signs and check www.parks.vic.gov.au for updates.
- Clean your bike; don’t spread weeds or plant diseases.
Caring for the park
- Help us look after your park by following these guidelines:
- Trail bikes are prohibited.
- Please take rubbish away with you for recycling & disposal.
- Dogs, cats and other pets are not permitted.
- Do not disturb plants or animals, they are protected by law.
- Snakes live in this park. Do not approach.
Help make the trails better. Get involved in trail working bees with
the Red Hill Riders. Visit www.redhillriders.com.au for information.
Organised groups of more than 30 people require an Event Permit.
This requires approximately eight weeks advanced notice. For
further information please contact Parks Victoria on 13 1963.
Be Prepared and Stay Safe
Bushfire safety is a personal responsibility. Anyone entering parks
and forests during the bushfire season needs to stay aware of
forecast weather conditions.
Check the Fire Danger Rating and for days of Total Fire Ban at
www.emergency.vic.gov.au or call 1800 226 226.
Fires (including campfires and solid fuel heat compounds) are not
permitted in Arthurs Seat State Park.
On Code Red Fire Danger Rating days this park will be closed for
public safety. Closure signs may be erected but do not expect an
Green `Emergency Marker’ signs are located throughout the Park
in the case of emergency. If you require emergency assistance
phone 000 for Police, Fire or Ambulance Services and quote the
emergency marker code.
For more information visit Parks Victoria online at
www.parks.vic.gov.au or phone 13 1963.